Signal boost: Help fund a transgender violence tracking portal
A couple of tech developers are working on a project to circulate information about anti-trans violence across the country, and they need your help to do it.
The Transgender Violence Tracking Portal will be a centralized place for information about anti-trans violence, including data about open cases, trends and spikes over time, and news updates. It would be the first website of its kind to achieve such a purpose — but only if its creators can raise $3,500.
Here’s some of what you can expect, taken from the project’s website:
We believe…. That is how this project started. So here are some parameters that we hope to be able to provide in that dream that can bring about a tool for everyone.
- Start / End Date
- Victims Name, Age, Ethnicity, Gender identity
- City, County, State, Province and Country Demographics
- Suspect(s), Trial Date(s), Trial Outcomes, Sentences of the Perpetrator
- Outstanding cases with NO Suspect(s)
- Verified Information Type: News Article, Blog, Advocacy Site, LGBTQ Site and more
- Total Number of Committed Murders, Acts of Violence, Suicides that were reported based on date range
- Total Number of Verified Cases, Total number of Unverified Cases, Total Number of Cases Currently being investigated.
And even when you can get ALL that data available at your fingertips, our site intends to do even more!
- Automated feeds to individuals who sign up for alerts of violence within our community based on what type of violence or updates that happen on any given case regarding arrests, suspects, or other confirmed news.
- All articles that have been linked to a specific article type (News Article, Blog, Advocacy Site, LGBTQ Site and more)
- Monthly published statistics reports, including the total number of:
- Reported Committed Murders
- Reported Acts of Violence
- Reported Suicides within the past 30 days
- Open, Pending Verification and Closed Cases
This is such an incredible idea, and it could make things safer for thousands of us. There are 15 days to go and only a few hundred dollars left before they reach their goal. If you can, please consider making a donation.